Apparently city council was contemplating beginning to charge for motorcycle parking (if you aren't in one of the free spots now, you would pay), the same way it charges for car parking, although a reduced fee. The motorcycle owners were up in arms, calling them environmental terrorists (motorcycles they say are environmentally sounder than cars - I don't think they take into account the limited passengers on motorcycles) and threatening demonstrations with motorcycles from all over NZ. In Saskatoon it costs as much to park a motorcycle as a car. Would the car owners be up in arms if motorcycles got small sized spaces at reduced rates, as encouraging the Hells Angels.Is anyone reading this? Let me know. Click on the button that says "0 comments" or "1 comment" or whatever to post a comment (and read any posted comments).
4 comments:
Please post a comment on a posting that you liked or hated, so I don't feel like this is such a useless exercise.
I read them all with my coffee in the AM. They are all intersting - although maybe I was most curoius about the Hobbit stuff you cant tell! Lil
Hey Mom!
Libby and I are just catching up on your blog today. Katie is at Grandma Fran's, so we have a little bit of quiet time. Definitely not a useless exercise - I love your blogs! I just can't get to it every day...
Libby is sitting in her Bumbo, blowing spit bubbles. This is her favourite new trick. She also no longer wildly flails, but actually reaches for things. I love when she reaches for my face. However, she has also started making strange, which is inconvenient.
Katie misses Grandma Neva. She pulls out the Dora picture that you two coloured and tells me that you helped her, with markers. And she asks to go to your house. You will have at least one overjoyed grandchild when you get home!
I hope Libby doesn't make strange with me when I get home (but she likely well). You can tell Katie that I miss her too, and we'll do another picture with markers when I get back. The markers required a fair amount of washing as well - washable markers go on children just as easily as permanent, they just come off more easily.
Post a Comment