We got up, packed, and braved the morning traffic through Wellington to the airport. We returned the rental car for the North Island, hopped on the plane, and got it's twin to continue on with on the South Island. Since Nelson is a fairly small place the drive to our new home was easy. As you can see from the photo, Nelson is also well located on the ocean.We then got picked up for a wine tour and lunch. The Nelson wine region is pretty much the same climate and grapes as Marlborough, but a little newer. We went to 4 boutique wineries again, this time the tour consisted of us, the driver-guide and one woman from Santa Cruz, CA who is travelling NZ on her own for a month - really personal!
One of the wineries gave us avocado oil to dip our bread in (they also grow avocados) along with our tasting, which is excellent, and something I've never had before. The last gave us a little tray with their home grown olives, olive oils, and a chili jelly with bread with their tasting - we ended up buying the olives and jelly to eat instead of wine!
One of the wineries gave us avocado oil to dip our bread in (they also grow avocados) along with our tasting, which is excellent, and something I've never had before. The last gave us a little tray with their home grown olives, olive oils, and a chili jelly with bread with their tasting - we ended up buying the olives and jelly to eat instead of wine! After our return home we walked downtown for dinner and groceries, but got sidetracked at the theatre and stopped in to see Burlesque. I was certainly impressed with Christina's singing - I didn't realize she could belt out a song like that! By the time we finished dinner and got to the grocery store they were getting ready to close and we had to part the curtains to get things out of the cold storage, and wonder around the store in dimmed lighting. We picked up our cheese and crackers and yogurt and got out of there.
4 comments:
I'd love to come for evening snacks tonight - mmm olives, cheese, pepperjelly and yum! lil
Mom, it's Christina, not Christine. You're showing your age!
Hopefully you'll save something delicious to bring home for your kids. :)
Point made - I didnt notice! Lil
Reche - I changed the post to say Christina, so my age no longer shows. And we are eating everything delicious! But maybe we'll find something else delicious to bring home.
I'm glad my sister and daughter are reading this - I was feeling like a voice crying in the wilderness with absolutely no feedback.
Post a Comment