Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On to Hanmer Springs

Today we drove through some hills/small mountains to Hanmer Springs. The road was quite winding and narrow, and there were numerous one way bridges (photo of one above). We were both pleased when we got to have a break and drink a coffee at the first place which presented itself, being 77 km from Kaikoura). That was followed by a bit of better road through a valley - what a treat!
We quickly arrived at Hanmer Springs, an alpine resort community - Banff like, but much smaller. After lunch and checking in, Dave went golfing at the Hanmer Springs golf club. After a few holes he got to join up with some locals and enjoyed his time with them. I went to Hanmer Springs Pool and Spa. First I went in the hot pools for a bit, and then I had a full body massage. I ended up totally relaxed and feeling good!
We are staying in another nice spot - Settler's Inn - I did pretty well with my internet picks.

No comments: