Saturday, January 29, 2011

No More Blogging

After Dave was drenched in the rain yesterday, we ate breakfast, whiled away a bit of time (I looked around Christchurch, Dave napped), went to the airport, ate lunch, flew to Auckland, ate dinner, slept. We both read our books.
Today will be about the same amount of activity. I noticed yesterday that we don't really leave until 8 pm this evening, even though we arrive in Vancouver at 12 noon today - I have problems wrapping my mind around the lost day and thought we left at 8 am. That day we jumped over on the way here has reappeared.
I looked around, found a nice golf course fairly near our airport hotel for Dave to play, he phoned and arranged to golf at 8 am today - but when he got up it was cloudy, he's still too close to the cold downpour that dumped on him yesterday (the weather was so inclement that they refunded his green fees), and he cancelled the game. Our internet signal here is poor, so work seems unlikely.
Another quiet day of book reading lies ahead. And no pictures. We did book our hotel room over so we aren't out on the street for the day. But this hotel room is merely adequate (I figured we were only using it to sleep, what with my misreading the departure time). Most spots we've stayed have been very nice - it would be nice to have one of those apartments to lounge around today.
It's been a great trip. We both still like New Zealand, and currently think Nelson would be the place to live.

No comments: